A: There are five easy ways to enroll. Choose the one that works best for you.
1. Enroll online. View our plans and complete your application online.
2. Enroll over the phone. Our representatives can enroll you right over the phone. 1-877-236-7162 (TTY 711), during the hours of 8 am and 2 am EST.
3. Enroll at Medicare.gov. Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in WellCare through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at www.medicare.gov.
4. Contact a licensed Medicare Sales Broker. They will be able to walk you through different plans and help you select the one that is best for you.
5. Enroll by mail or fax. Download, print and complete our enrollment form. Return your completed and signed form to us by fax or mail. Use the contact information on the form. English Spanish
A: Initial Coverage Election Period
The Medicare Initial Coverage Election Period is based on the month of your 65th birthday. You can enroll as early as three months before your birthday month or as late as three months after your birthday month.
Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15 to December 7, during this time you can:
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan from original Medicare
- Enroll from one Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan to another
- Enroll in original Medicare from a Medicare Advantage Plan
Changes made to coverage during this time would take effect January 1 of the new plan year.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP)
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period starts January 1 and ends on March 31. During this period, members enrolled in Medicare Advantage can:
- If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage)
- You can drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. You will also be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
The effective date for the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period election is the first day of the month after we receive the enrollment request.
Special Enrollment Periods (SEP)
You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period during any month when certain events happen in your life. Reasons you could qualify include:
- You have changed your permanent residence
- You have recently moved to a new service area
- You become eligible for Medicaid
- You qualify for Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug costs
- You moved to an institution like a skilled nursing facility or long-term care hospital
- You want to switch to a plan with a 5-star overall quality rating.
A: 1. Visit www.wellcare.com/PDP
2. Select your state from the drop down
3. Select the “Need a Plan” link towards the bottom of the page
4. Select Prescription Drug Plans in the “I am seeking” page field
5. Enter your ZIP code
6. Select any one of the “Not a Member? Learn about our plans” links
7. Go through the guided steps of the tool
Please check out our plan comparison tool.
A: To search for your medications in our online formulary:
1. Visit www.wellcare.com/PDP
2. Select your state from the drop down
3. Select "Prescription Drug Plan"
4. Enter your ZIP code
5. Find your Plan & select “Go to my plan details”
6. On the right side, select Drug List (Formulary) and search for your medications
A: A formulary lists the drugs your plan covers. If you are working with a licensed sales representative, he or she will have a copy of the formulary and can help you look up the medications you take. You can also find the formulary online at www.wellcare.com/PDP, or request a copy by calling the number on the back of your ID card.Q: What if I am on a limited income or cannot afford my prescription drugs?
A: The Extra Help program helps people who have limited income and resources to pay Medicare prescription drug program costs. These costs are things like premiums, deductibles and co-payments/co-insurance. Depending on your income and resources, you may qualify for Extra Help.
Find out if you qualify for Extra Help. Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; TTY users may call 1-877-486-2048. Or apply online at www.ssa.gov/extrahelp, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), or contact your state Medicaid Office.Q: What Pharmacies can I use?
A: To see preferred and standard pharmacies for your PDP plan, please go to our Find a Provider tool.
1. Select your state from the list of states.
2. Enter your ZIP code and select continue.
3. Select Prescription Drug Plan, select continue.
4. Select your plan from the list of plans, select continue.
5. Select how you want to search, update the distance radius.
6. Type Pharmacy.
7. A list of results will populate, look for the preferred pharmacy indicator for extra savings.
A: There are five ways you can pay your premium.
1. Electronic Funds Transfer
To get your payments deducted directly from a checking account or savings account:
- Go to www.wellcare.com/pdp and select the Login/Register button.
- Select Pay Your Premium to set up payment. Here you can set up “Recurring Payments” as well to allow your premium to come out without having to login every month.
EFT may also set up by downloading an EFT form. Complete the form and mail it along with a voided check to the address on the form. English Spanish
2. Your Monthly Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board Check
Call Customer Service (number on the back of your ID card) and we will work directly with Social Security or Railroad Retirement to set up your automatic premium payments.
3. Online or by Phone
You can make single or recurring payments using a bank account, credit card account, or bank card.
- To pay online: Go to www.wellcare.com/pdp, then click the Login/Register button at the top of the page
- To pay by phone: Call the Customer Service number listed on your member ID card.
4. Check or Money Order
Make your check or money order payable to WellCare and send to:
WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
PO Box 75510
Chicago, IL 60675-5510
5. Pay with Cash
Use your member ID or payment coupon to pay with cash at CheckFreePay locations. To find a CheckFreePay location near you, call 1-800-877-8021 (TTY 711) or go to www.checkfreepay.com.
A: Brokers interested in partnering with Wellcare must complete an online contract and all certification requirements prior to marketing/selling Wellcare and all affiliated brands.
Take the following steps to begin the eContract:
1. Click to initiate the onboarding welcome email.
2. Enter your first/last name and email and click Submit
3. Click into the email hyperlink to go to the onboarding site
4. At the login page, enter the username/temporary password provided and click Submit
Note: For Domain, type in “comprehensive”
5. Complete the asterisked fields and click change password
Once logged into your homepage, “Open cases assigned to me” will include your contract package. Begin by clicking the link.
A: To learn more about our combined product offering, what’s new and market-specific benefits, please visit Centene 2021 First Look.Q: What If I need additional assistance or have questions?
A: WellCare is here for you! For support, brokers can contact our Agent Support Call Center, submit an Agent Support Ticket via the Agent Connect Portal, or reach out to dedicated local support. Our local offices have Account Executives, Sales Assistants, and Marketing Outreach Specialists available to offer you real-time support!
For our local support contacts, contact our Leadership Points of Contact
Find additional Wellcare contacts on the Wellcare points of contact sheet!
A: Watch the videos and see why we are so passionate about serving our members and the communities in which they live!
Video: A Mission To Serve - Wellcare Health PlansQ: How can I find out if Wellcare is hiring?
A: Visit our Careers page to see current openings.